Lilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker

Friday, October 12, 2007

Graham's first restaurant!!

Yesterday, Graham and I went out for lunch with Grandma Greer. I was a little worried about how he'd do, but he was great! As long as Graham could mash up all the crackers he wanted, and had a giant stack of napkins within easy reach, he was one happy guy! I realized yesterday though, that out in public, Graham and I have become "those people"....you know, the ones that make a gigantic mess all over the floor that I used to look at with pity! Actually, I'm happy to have become that lady. We finally have our baby to make a mess all over the floor and as crazy as this may sound we're thrilled watching him do it! All in all, it was a successful excursion, and I'm slowly gaining confidence when it comes to taking Graham out. The car seat isn't such a challenge anymore (for me at least, he still hates it) and I'm realizing that if he starts screaming at the grocery store, he starts screaming. Life will go on!

Graham and I at the beginning of our meal out!

Napkins are delicious!

Content holding his bug and a stomach full of banana puffs and saltine crackers!


I can't tell you how long I've waited to go out for lunch with my mom and have my son along!!!!

We try to take a walk each evening. It gives Annie some exercise and Jeff and I a chance to talk. Since it's getting very cool in the evenings, we thought it was time to dig out the stroller sleeping bag from Grandma and Grandpa Olson. This is us leaving the house for our walk.


This is us coming home from our walk. Graham must have been cozy all tucked in because he was out cold!





1 comment:

Erin said...

Melissa and Jeff,

Graham is absolutely precious. I'm really enjoying reading your updates on him. He seems like a very happy baby! I laughed to see him with the remote and bottle of barbecue sauce. Baird is the same way. He couldn't be more delighted with my cell phone, keys, the dog's leash, a flashlight, etc. Even at 9 months old, they're trying to be "all grown up." :)

Best wishes,

Erin