Lilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker

Monday, December 17, 2007

Our shrinking family room....

Our family room is shrinking....if you can even call it a family room anymore. It's more like an entire toy aisle at Target or a corner of Toys R Us. Graham is lucky enough to have so many toys that cleaning up at the end of each day, means throwing the smaller items into a huge basket (most of it fits) and pushing the many large toys off to the side. So, with each new toy we happily bring into our house, we lose a significant amount of our livable space. We're thrilled that Graham has so many options to amuse himself with each day, it's just funny to me, that after all the time Jeff and I spent decorating the house, in the end, it's decorated like a toy store. My, how our lives have changed!

One of the newest additions to our toy collection are these large foamy blocks of various shapes for Graham to climb on. Here is Graham sitting on his "perch" looking down on Annie who gets scolded each time she climbs on this toy. Annie still believes this is her personal indoor agility course, but we're working on that!

Graham likes to use the giant wedge block as a mini slide. He was holding a hanger in his hands and I told him that he couldn't go down the slide with the hanger. I didn't really expect him to understand me, I was just talking to him, but he actually handed me the hanger before he went down! Maybe he does understand more than I give him credit for!

1 comment:

Dave said...

Melissa,

Graham is just getting cute and cuter! We hope to get a chance to see you three when we're in town for Christmas- I'm sure you have a packed schedule, but I know that Dave (and I) would love to see you all!

Emily