Lilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker

Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Happy Birthday Graham!

One year ago today, Graham was born in South Korea! It's so hard for me to believe that he's already one! What a privilege it is that we get to be Graham's Mommy and Daddy. Seldom does a day pass that Jeff and I don't look at each other in awe over the fact that we have been given this honor. I am so deeply thankful for the love, sacrifice, and courage that Graham’s birth mother had. She has been on my mind so many times over the past months and I hope that she has found peace and healing in the past year. I hope someday she will know how deeply loved and cherished Graham is. I also think often of Graham’s foster mother who loved our son in deep ways until we could shower him with our own love. I feel like I owe both of these women so much, yet I don't at this point in time have to opportunity to share my extreme gratitude with them. I'm hoping that because we've all loved the same little boy, that somehow, they just "know"...

As corny as this may sound, I can’t count the number of times I tear up just watching Graham play, still in disbelief that this amazing little boy is actually my son. I know that these are some of the best days of my life…

In honor of Graham's fabulous first year, I've created a montage. Some of the pictures you've probably seen, and others are new. In any case, seeing the pictures all together is a good reminder of just how much Graham has grown! Enjoy!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Absolutely wonderful. Graham, Welcome into our hearts and our homes.
Grandpa & Grandma Olson

Donnette said...

Happy First Birthday Graham!!

One year ago your birth brightened the world and in September we all got to see just how amazing and special you are!!! That smile and those cheeks brighten us all.

Donnette

francis said...

첫번째 생일을 축하해요!!!