Lilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker

Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Messy, messy, messy

According to the many parenting books I've read as well as at the advice of our pediatrician, mealtime for a child should be without distraction. We're doing our best to set a good example at meals and keep things calm. We want Graham to understand that when he's sitting in the highchair his one and only job is to eat. So, Jeff and I attempt to model good "mealtime behavior" while Graham frequently throws himself a personal party. His cup is thrown (and retrieved by us) countless times causing milk to splatter everywhere then he offers food to Annie and giggles to himself when the pasta hits her head rather than her mouth. What a treat it is to pick dried pasta from Annie's fur at the end of the day! I have officially given up on trying to clean up after Graham in the kitchen as the day progresses. I realized I was losing a never ending battle with Graham, the highchair, and the kitchen floor. The mess will still be there after Graham is tucked safely into bed for the night, so that is when the mess will be taken care of.

Graham's newest thing is trying to feed me while he eats. Occasionally, I'll actually open my mouth for him, and do my best to swallow whatever mashed up food it is that he's offered. Graham had a tomato stuck on the end of his finger that he wouldn't eat. He's trying to get me to eat it in this picture!

Indulging in his favorite fruit-mandarin oranges!

Graham loves his milk!


Being silly for the camera!


When Graham is done eating he tries to pull his bib off....just like he's doing here!




No comments: