Lilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker

Friday, January 4, 2008

A trip to Kids' Hair!

Last night, Graham did something that only big boys get to do...our baby got his first haircut! Graham's hair was getting a big shaggy around the ears and neck, so we got it cleaned up for him. I guess it wasn't an "all out" haircut since it was just a trim and took all of three minutes, but he did have to sit in the chair, so I guess we'll count this experience as his first. He was happy when we walked in, and happy sitting in the chair being a helper by holding a comb, but was very unhappy when the electric trimmer came out. Poor guy, this seemed to be a fairly traumatic experience for him because when he was finally done, he wanted nothing to do with his stroller. He just wanted to be held and preferred to make his way to the car in my arms. I don't want to break the news to him just yet, but he'll learn soon enough that boys have the privilege of getting haircuts pretty often in life!
What a big boy to sit so still! Too bad this pose didn't last for more than a minute!

Check out the look Graham is giving his Daddy....he's not impressed in the least anymore!



3 comments:

Unknown said...

It seemed like only yesterday when I brought Jeff to the barber shop for his first haircut. His reaction was the same as Graham's, tears and all. After the haircut, Jeff was wet with tears and I was wet with perspiration. Memorable but not exactly fun.

Jim Olson (aka Grandpa Olson)

Erin said...

Awwwww ... first haircut. The pictures are great. Love how he's looking up to dad as if to say, "you better get me outta here quick, or I'll take things into my own hands." The video was cute too, tears and all! Thanks for sharing!

Kris Greer said...

Oh, Baby Graham! I felt so bad for you when you were crying hard! It's okay now ....all done!
Love,
Grandam Greer :)