Lilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker

Thursday, February 28, 2008

Adventures in Grocery Shopping....

After using yesterday as a day to recover (laundry, resting, letting Graham make a complete mess of the house and explore with freedom) from our Arizona adventure, things were back to normal for us today. We had school this morning and Graham really enjoyed himself today. Each week he becomes more comfortable and each week he surprises me with what he's able to do. For example, the teacher took out a duck puppet and Graham immediately said "quack quack". I was shocked! Apparently my "what noise does the animal make" lessons each time we're in the car are paying off! Then, while the kids were roaming around and playing another mom called out my name because she noticed Graham standing up in the middle of the room balancing all by himself! Of course as soon as his saw me and the surprised look on my face, he fell to his knees and quickly crawled away. He's balanced on his own a few times before, but he still prefers to cruise along the furniture and crawl at lightning speed. I'm sure he walking days aren't too far away though!

Here is Graham driving his car at school!

After our class ended, Graham seemed to be in a good mood and I decided to attempt grocery shopping with him. In my pre-Graham days, grocery shopping was my very favorite errand. Now though, I try to avoid the grocery store with Graham along. Let's just say that even strapped into a cart, he can pull things off the shelves faster than I can put them away! Today was no different, and I was quickly reminded of why it's easier for me to grocery shop alone. The store was decorated for spring and nearly every aisle had a few mylar balloons floating just out of his reach. Of course this frustrated Graham and he tried to stand up in the cart to reach the balloons for the rest of our shopping trip. What really bothered him though was when I added eggs to the cart and I wouldn't let him hold them. Graham had been throwing things out of the cart for most of our shopping experience and he was frustrated when I wouldn't give him the eggs.....hmmmm.....I wonder why?

This is Graham content in the cart prior to spotting the balloons!

Notice his eyes staring at the ceiling? He's just noticing the balloons and this is the last moment that he sat still for me....






1 comment:

Unknown said...

Melissa,

He is so cute! I can't believe that just last summer we were sitting together at Krisanna's reception and you and Jeff were so excited to go meet your little boy. I'm glad to see how very happy you all are together! Hopefully we can connect soon and I can meet this little character!
Marie