Lilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker

Thursday, February 21, 2008

Almost time to go...

The past few days have been spent trying to pack and run last minute errands for our trip this weekend! Graham and I are leaving our winter coats and mittens behind, and heading to sunny, warm Arizona tomorrow morning with my Mom!!! Unfortunately, because of it being a busy time at work, Jeff isn't able to come with us. We'll miss him, but I'm certain that he's going to enjoy sleeping in and not having to share the remote with Graham! It's amazing to me how much "stuff" traveling with a baby requires. It's also amazing to me how difficult it is to pack while trying to chase around a very active baby. This morning I decided that I just had to get it done though. I had our clothes laid out in the guest room which also happens to be very off limits to Graham due to the lack of baby proofing. So, when I opened the door to that bedroom this morning and didn't stop him from crawling in, he was one happy little guy! I figured that he'd open the dresser drawers and try to get under the bed, but instead, he stopped at the suitcase and just stared. I think he was trying to figure out what his bottles and sippy cups were doing inside of that box. After deciding that the suitcase was "safe", Graham climbed right on in, pushing aside the neatly folded clothes and throwing around what he didn't think we'd be needing.

I've got my fingers crossed that Graham tolerates the plane ride. The last time we flew with him, in November, he wasn't too mobile and hadn't found his voice. Now, at 13 months old, he is a very busy boy who likes to voice his opinions (LOUDLY!), and I'm not sure how he's going to like sitting on my lap for 3 hours! Whatever happens though, it can't be any worse than our 14 hour plane ride home from Seoul!

I'm not sure if I'll be updating the blog while we're away, but we'll be back on Tuesday so I'll update with pictures then, if not before.

Studying the contents of the suitcase...

Graham found his new "big boy" sandals!




2 comments:

Amy said...

Have fun in AZ, Graham! We want to see pics of you in your sunglasses and sandals next to a cactus! :-)

Angela said...

Hello baby Graham. Your cousins and I are so excited to meet you on Monday! Be nice to your mommy on the plane, ok! :o)