Lilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker

Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Zoo Trip

Today, Graham and I packed a picnic lunch and headed to the zoo to check out the animals and soak up some sun. Today's trip to the zoo was a bit different than our previous visits, because now that Graham can walk, he'd much prefer to do so, rather than sit strapped into a stroller. So, we slowly followed the path often stopping at Graham's request to look at "exciting" twigs and wrappers while Graham held my hand and the diaper bag sat securely in the stroller. Initially, I wanted Graham in the stroller so we could move faster and get to where we were going. But, when he repeatedly looked up at me, said "Ma Ma" then grinned at me, I was reminded just how special our afternoon was and that there really was no rush. It just melted my heart to see how proud he was to be walking along holding his Mommy's hand. I waited so long to have someone call me Mommy and I'm so extremely grateful that it's Graham who allowed me that title for the first time!

Intently studying the Caribou

Taking a break from the animals to play


Feeling very pleased with himself for allowing a goat to lick his hand!



1 comment:

ChanSoon said...

What a sweet excursion that was on a beautiful sunny day just between the two of you!

Grandma Olson