Lilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker

Sunday, June 1, 2008

Our weekend review...

This was one busy weekend for us-I almost feel like I need another weekend to recover from our whirlwind! It's unusual for us to be in town for the weekend during the summer as we're normally up at the lake so we took full advantage of our time. We accomplished a lot around the house and Jeff and I were even able to fit in some time for ourselves. Jeff and I started the weekend by doing something that doesn't happen too often..going out for dinner ALONE. It's hard to believe that we were able sit leisurely for three hours and not once did we have to worry about food flying around the room! Thanks so much to Jeff's parents who kindly occupied themselves at our house for the evening! We were each also able to fit in a movie of our choice-Indiana Jones for Jeff and the boys, and Sex in the City for me and the girls.

On Saturday we attended a high school graduation party for Teresa, a neighbor I grew up baby-sitting! It's so hard to believe that she's all grown up and heading off to school! Because we were attending the party with my parents, we stopped by their house and they had a surprise for Graham...his very own set of wheels!!!!

Graham and his new car!

Teresa, Graham, and I


Today, we were thankfully able to finish up the painting project we started yesterday. For anyone that knows me, you know how much I love to paint, so it truly is a relief that our family room is now just the right color! It wouldn't be fair to work on the inside of the house without doing some outside work, so that's what we did this afternoon-yard work. Jeff occupied Graham and I was able to plant most of my flowers. It's amazing how much faster I can get the flowers into the ground if I'm not having to worry about chasing Graham all over the yard!
Keeping busy in the yard



Soaking up the sun!

No comments: