Lilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker

Thursday, July 10, 2008

Stormy Day

Our picture perfect summer weather came to an end today. We were hit with a HORRIBLE storm right in the middle of the day that came on very quickly. Graham and I were out running errands and I had no idea that the weather had turned ugly until we were heading to the car and were met with torrential rain, hail, and the sound of blaring tornado sirens. We waited it out a bit in the parking lot and when the rain slowed down, I began to drive home. Of course as soon as I got to the highway the rain and hail picked up again and I was forced to pull off to the side. Graham was in the back screaming (I think the noise of the hail was frightening him) but to be honest, I really couldn't hear him because of the rain and wind-it was actually that bad! We did eventually make it home without incident and spent the next hour in the basement waiting for the storm to blow over.

After all that, I decided to cave in to my sugar craving and did some baking. Graham loves when I cook because I allow him to go nuts in the "baby safe" cupboards. Annie on the other hand, stays as far away as she possibly can. She's unfortunately learned from experience that flying pots and pans hurt!

1 comment:

Amy said...

Looks like you guys had some quality 'storm weathering', too... we spent the hour in the bathroom with all the animals. Hopefully no hail damage to the car!