Lilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker

Monday, August 11, 2008

The Batttle for Bedtime

Today, all three of the Olson's are completely sleep deprived. Graham decided last night that he didn't need to go to sleep. We put him to bed about 7:30 just like normal, but he proceeded to talk and play in his crib until close to 9:00. When we didn't respond to his chatter, he began to scream. I don't mean soft crying, I mean absolute screaming! After finally getting him calmed down (we still don't know what was going on) he fell asleep...until 2:50. Graham decided that 2:50 was the perfect time to start his day. Despite trying everything we could think of (including bringing Graham into bed with us-something we never do) we realized that Graham just wasn't going to go to sleep without a fight. So went our sleepless night....

After trying to convince Graham that a morning nap was a good idea for both of us, and disappointingly I was not successful in my quest for sleep, I decided I needed to completely tire him out. I still don't understand how he wasn't completely exhausted when I myself could barely keep my eyes open. So, we headed to the park where I let Graham run completely wild and carry his golf club with him. My plan worked because after lunch, Graham could barely keep his eyes open and soon enough he was sleeping. I began to rush around the house trying to pick up and just as I was getting comfortable on the couch for a nap of my own, Graham woke up...

This face just doesn't say "tired" to me

My mom was running errands on this end of the city this afternoon so before dinner we headed out together to pick up a few things at the store. Graham is continually amused with sunglasses, so here he is modeling his Grandma's glasses!
As a side note, Graham went to sleep without a sound tonight!!!! Please cross your fingers that he stays sleeping until morning!!!!!

1 comment:

Erin said...

Oh, Melissa. I can totally sympathize. Sleep is our #1 issue. Baird just doesn't seem to need very much of it -- at least compared to other children his age. Maybe Graham is going through a little growth spurt that is throwing his schedule off. Good luck getting back on track! :)