Lilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker

Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Graffiti

This afternoon Graham took his artistic talents to a new level....graffiti...TWICE!!! Early in the afternoon I caught Graham heading towards the couch (the lightly colored upholstered couch) with a bright orange crayon. It really is too bad that he's still faster than me because he was able to leave his mark all over one of the cushions. Luckily, 'washable' crayons really are washable, and I was able to completely erase all evidence of Graham's art project with nothing more than water. I took the crayons away and had a talk with Graham about crayons needing to stay on the paper. The day progressed and after Graham woke up from his nap, he was asking for his crayons. I gave them back with a reminder of crayons needing to stay on the paper. Apparently, my message didn't leave a very strong impression because as soon as the phone rang and I became involved in a conversation, Graham made his way behind a chair and drew a lovely brown circle on our lightly painted walls. This time, the crayons were put into 'Toy Jail'. We'll see what kind of a mood I'm in tomorrow, maybe he'll get them back, or maybe it will be a few days...

Since Jeff was at work missing all sorts of artsy fun at home, I decided to take a picture of Graham's artwork before I scrubbed the wall. As you can see, Graham is very proud of what he did. I never called him over to be in the picture, and I never asked him to smile....


You have to look closely, but next to Graham's head is his first graffiti.

No comments: