Lilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker

Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Graham's Fan Club!

I learned today that Graham has fan's I don't even know about! We went to have lunch with Jeff at work today, and waiting at the employee entrance with Jeff, was a group of people....some Jeff knows, and others were just friends of friends, who have seen the blog or heard our story. It's funny to me how "well know" Graham has become, and someday, when he's old enough to understand, I'm sure he'll be impressed by his near celebrity status! Graham did a good job eating in a busy cafeteria today and eating out gets slightly easier each time we do it. By no means is it easy, but the task isn't quite so daunting anymore. Jeff was very pleased to see Graham reaching for his mashed potatoes with gravy at lunch and was more than willing to share with him. I don't think Jeff expected Graham to finish off his portion though! For those of you that know about Jeff and his mashed potato obsession, you know that it's only out of true love that he'll share, let alone give away, his portion of mashed potatoes!

Last night Graham had his first shot. He had shots while in Korea, but this was the first time we were the ones responsible for subjecting him to it! Luckily, Grandma Greer volunteered to come along and be the "bad guy" holding Graham down for his flu shot. This allowed Jeff and I to turn our heads, hold our breath, wait for the scream, then go rescue him when it was all over. Graham cried for a minute or two, but the tears went away when Grandma presented him with a new toy! I wonder if she's available for all of his shots?!?

Tomorrow Graham and I start our first class together and I'm really looking forward to it! Graham absolutely loves music and new toys, both of which I'm sure he'll be able to experience tomorrow. It will also be nice for me to be able to connect with other stay-at-home moms from the area. I'm also hoping that this class tires him out to the point that he is willing to take a nap in his crib. Currently, Graham refuses to nap laying down. He will only nap in the baby carrier on my back. The problem is that Graham is a big boy (20+ pounds!) who gets bigger each day, and each day my back hurts just a little bit more. It's obvious to me that he needs his naps, and he takes them like clockwork each day at 10:00 and 2:00, he just wants to do it on me. We've got a plan though, and this weekend we're going to put it to the test....Cross your fingers!
Graham is all smiles after his morning nap on my back!


Who needs a highchair when you can pound on the table and eat puffs standing in a booth?


Mmmmmmmmmmm, mashed potatoes and gravy!



No comments: