Lilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker

Thursday, October 25, 2007

Graham's First Day of "School"!

This morning Graham and I attended our first class together. It was just a bit overwhelming as the class has been in session since September which made us the "new kids" in the class! I didn't have any idea what the class routine was or know that snack time was built into the schedule so I didn't really pack anything for him. Luckily, the kids had no issues sharing, or should I say, didn't care when Graham so kindly helped himself to their puffs, goldfish, or cheerios. Next week, I know to show up prepared so I can fully contribute to what looks like a kiddy buffet!

Graham chewing on his bottle at snack time.


Graham no longer wants his bottle since other kids get string cheese and puffs!


How cute is this little table! The chairs were about 2 inches off the ground and all the kids were so content eating at a table in a real chair!


One of Graham's favorite things today was the sensory table filled with dried oatmeal. He had a ball throwing it, dragging a shovel through it, and also taking an occasional bite! I don't have pictures of this because I'll admit that I was too embarrassed to whip out the camera so early in class. Luckily, another mom took hers out (THANK YOU!), and I quickly followed her lead. Next week, I'll be certain to take many pictures as the kids are coming dressed up in their Halloween costumes! This should be interesting to have 10 little kids dressed up in outfits they hate, while their moms fuss and try to get the "perfect picture". I guarantee pictures of Graham and his classmates dressed up next week...I just can't promise that there won't be any tears involved!


Checking out a new toy!


This toy had a little piano on one side and Graham did NOT want this little girl to touch it!


Playing with another new toy. Graham seemed drawn to the toys he could play with while standing up...I think I know what we're shopping for this weekend!


Checking out what's going on behind him!







2 comments:

Erin said...

Looks like Graham had a great time--new toys are the best! On Baird's first day of class, we were also the "new kids" and also didn't bring a snack! Oops! Looking forward to seeing pictures of the cuties in their costumes next week!

Kris Greer said...

Oh Graham, what fun! Grandma is so happy to see you playing at school ...and with all those developmentally age-appropriate toys (I'll forever be a preschool teacher in my heart!). You looked like you were having a great time! I hope I can join you there soon.
Love,
Grandma Greer :)