Lilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker

Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Graham Forgets His Manners...

This is how Graham greets me most mornings when I go to get him up. He's big enough now to pull himself up, and parade around the perimeter of his crib while he occasionally gnaws on the wood.


Graham and I met Tiffiny and Livia at the Mall of America for lunch today. Graham is normally VERY good at restaurants and I've never been embarrassed by his behavior. Today that all changed. I'm still not sure what was bothering him, but he did not enjoy the Nordstrom Cafe! He wasn't content in his stroller so I put him in the highchair. He started crying and repeating "up up" so I got him out and put him in the booth next to me. He quickly became bored and started emptying the diaper bag. When he tired of that, he tried to grab nearly every piece of lettuce and chicken on my plate so I put him back in the highchair with hopes of feeding him lunch. I brought his favorite foods along with his favorite sippy cup and he wanted nothing to do with any of it. As a last resort, I handed him a few puffs and let him hold the container they were in. Before I knew it, the top of the container came off and puffs covered the floor. This frustrated Graham even more because he could see the puffs, but his mean mother wouldn't let him eat them off the floor. Sometimes, trying to eat with a baby is a real challenge! It was great to talk with Tiffiny and see how much Livia has grown in just a few short weeks, but this was one exhausting lunch! You might be wondering what Livia was doing during all of this.....well, she sat like a perfect angel during the entire meal!!
Graham and Livia as we were getting ready to leave. Graham's cute outfit is compliments of his Auntie JoAnn :)

More Graham and Livia. On the way into the restaurant we were asked if the babies were twins. Other than the fact that they're obviously both Asian, Tiffiny and I laughed at that question because we don't think they look a thing alike. We were also stopped by an elderly man who asked if we "got them in China"......when we answered no, that they were both born in Korea, he followed us out of the store asking one question after the next. Sometimes the comments that strangers are comfortable asking is very amusing to me!


1 comment: