Lilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker

Sunday, December 9, 2007

Graham and the Holiday Tea

Each year, my mom hosts a holiday tea for the ladies....no boys allowed! My dad, without fail, finds an activity to amuse himself away from the house for the afternoon, returning only in time to help clean up the last traces of the party. Even Jeff, who has been invited on occasion to stop by for a quick hello, prefers to decline the invitation. Today things changed though, when a boy was invited to the party. Yes, today Graham broke tradition and attended his first Holiday Tea! This gathering provided a good opportunity for many of his blog fans to meet him in person for the first time and Graham seemed delighted to have both adoring Grandma's under one roof. Graham again did very well but remains most content when I remain within his sight. I guess at some point I should stop being surprised that he does well at such events, and just accept that we have a great little boy! He did express some unhappiness when I wouldn't hand over the various goodies the adults were eating and instead handed him a biter biscuit. Graham has a "healthy" appetite and apparently he feels that Gerber just isn't doing the job anymore. Luckily, he's starting to eat finger foods, but I just don't think fudge and sugar cookies are on the baby food list....we'll save that for next year!


Last year at this time I was pretty miserable wondering if our baby would ever make himself known to us and this year, I honestly couldn't ask for more. My adorable, sweet, cute, cuddly, little boy and I. (Can you tell that Graham is loved just a tiny bit??? :) )

No comments: