Lilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker

Wednesday, April 30, 2008

The Furry Yak

The combination of Graham thinking he needs to get up at 6:00 each morning with the sun and it being the busiest time of year at work for Jeff (meaning we're not seeing too much of him lately) has left me plain old tired. Our laptop and work free vacation in the sun just can't come fast enough. Have I mentioned that I'm literally counting down the days??? So, in the interest of giving all the Graham fans their "Graham Fix" here are a few quick pictures from our day....

At a store this afternoon Graham was becoming a bit antsy in the cart. I can't imagine why he wasn't thrilled to look at the kitchen utensils, but he wasn't. So, I pushed the cart over to the stuffed animals and allowed him to find a toy to hold while I finished browsing. There were fuzzy yellow chicks, sweet bunnies, lovable teddy bears, and playful looking monkeys. Does my son choose any of the cute toys? No...he chooses a yak....who in the world chooses a yak??? So, this is the view I had for the remainder of the shopping trip. A very happy Graham, and a disturbed looking Yak. And no, the yak does not have a new home tonight. He's back on the shelf with all his other Yak family members.



I can't help but feel badly for Annie in this situation. Graham has recently become infatuated with her ears and unfortunately, while I'm driving there isn't much I can do about it. I can take a quick picture at a stop light, but separate a baby stuck in a car seat and an attention starved dog-that's not going to happen.

1 comment:

Amy said...

That yak is one of the scariest children's 'toys' I've ever seen. Too funny!!