Lilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker

Thursday, May 1, 2008

The race for the cart...

If I had to make a guess as to why Graham chose last weekend to start walking, I would say that he did so in order to remain competitive in his quest for the shopping cart in his classroom. He triumphantly marched into the classroom on his own today, and immediately his gaze locked in on the "prize"....the cart. He made a quick beeline for the toy and kept it with him for nearly the entire class period. During circle time, much to his dislike, he did have to leave the cart on the other side of the room. Graham did find another toy though, and stood in the middle of the circle watching everyone while nearly every other child sat still on the lap of their parent. I guess this is what it looks like for a 15 month old to be asserting their independence!

On our way out of school today, the secretary stopped us. We've walked in and out of school for months now, and we've never had a conversation with this individual. She went on to tell me that Graham couldn't be any cuter if we hand picked each and every one of his features. As his mother, I know that I'm biased, but I would have to say that I agree with her! I'm also proud to report that Graham is developing a sweet, kind, and friendly personality that shines just as brightly as his adorable little face!

No comments: