Lilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker

Thursday, April 17, 2008

Grandma Greer had a dream....

This morning I was talking with my mom on the phone and she casually mentioned that last night she had a dream that Graham started walking today. I laughed when she told me this, then went on to tell her that it wouldn't happen because Graham has NO interest in walking unassisted. He'll happily walk long distances, but despite being very stable on his feet, he still wants to hold at least a finger. Well, Graham made me eat my words because while I was making dinner, Graham marched across the kitchen holding his precious BBQ sauce bottle. Yes, it's actually the same BBQ sauce bottle that he became obsessed with pulling out of the fridge shortly after he arrived home from Korea. We've been trying to get him to walk unassisted for quite a while now, so I had to do a double-take when I heard his little squeaker shoes moving across the room. Of course I started jumping up and down, screaming, and clapping when I realized what was going on. And, of course this did nothing to encourage Graham to keep going. Instead, it startled him to see his Mommy acting so crazy that he just sat down in the middle of the floor. He's still a bit hesitant, and doesn't want to walk unless it's his idea, but we're working on it. Tomorrow I'll be armed with my camera all day so I can capture him walking. Stay tuned...

No comments: