Lilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker

Friday, June 20, 2008

An Afro and a New Ride...

Now that we have Graham's passport to prove his American citizenship, we are able to apply for his social security number. So, this afternoon, that's just what we did. I have heard nightmare stories about how long the lines are at the social security office...we're talking hours. So, I packed worlds most complete diaper bag this afternoon and off we went. Little did I know, that for a few different reasons, in the end, I wouldn't need my bag of tricks. We arrived, got our number, and got settled into the waiting room. Graham was amusing himself by growling at the lion in his book when someone caught his attention coming into the room. A very large man with a very large afro to match was slowly making his way towards us. In Graham's defense, this man drew quite a bit of attention for his extreme look, but I'm embarrassed to say that nobody gave him as much attention as our little guy. Graham locked his gaze on him, began to point and loudly repeat "Oooooooohhhhhh!!! Oooooooooohhhhhh!!!. There was no way that Graham was about to let his entertainment out of his line of site so he began to lean waaaaay over in his stroller. I'm not sure Graham could have been any more obvious if he tried. Thank goodness that children can get away from these things because if an adult acted the way he did, I'm not sure the outcome would have been too good.

For the regular blog readers out there, you'll remember that a few days ago Graham fell in love with his friend Abby's car. Well, tonight Graham became the very proud owner of his very own new set of wheels. Actually, Graham owns two cars. One he has to move himself with his feet but he doesn't quite understand that yet and his newest car is almost a stroller of sorts....don't tell him that though! It's actually a pretty cute toy. It's got a tall handle in the back so I can push him along while he happily "steers" and honks the horn all the while being strapped securely into his toy. It will be perfect for short walks around the neighborhood or if I'm in a good mood, maybe even a trip to the zoo. We didn't even have it put together in the kitchen tonight before Graham began to squeal and climb right in. Even though it was getting past his bedtime, we let him drive around the kitchen for a while. I think Jeff and I knew he was going to have a meltdown when it was time to pry him out of his car so we were just delaying the inevitable. Sure enough, chaos ensued, and he spent his entire bath trying to peer down the hallway for one last glimpse of his car all the while calling out "Vroom Vroom". I think I know what Graham will be doing tomorrow

No comments: