Lilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker

Monday, June 30, 2008

Music Together

This morning Graham and I started his summer music class put on by http://www.musictogether.com/. Since Jeff is home for the week, Graham got to bring his Daddy to his first class as a special guest. I'm sure Jeff was thrilled to be the only Daddy in the room, but he was a good sport and sang songs with the other Mommies and tots. Graham LOVED his class and it appears that we've got a very social child on our hands. Most kids sat in their Moms lap for a while while they warmed up to all the new people and surroundings. Not Graham. He marched around the circle with confidence checking out all his new friends and stopping to give his signature grin to many. I'm sensing that we've got a real leader on our hands and I can only imagine what we're going to hear down the road at parent/teacher conferences. I'm guessing we'll hear his teacher say "I love his enthusiasm but he does have to sit still and listen at the appropriate times". I guess there are worse things than having such an extroverted, social, and confident little boy! :)
Checking out all the musical instruments... Of course Graham chose the biggest item in the pile-a giant drum with mallet to swing around!

At one point, we were singing a quiet song and the kids had scarves to wave around. Graham put his on his head and walked directly up to me. You can't see his face, but he's grinning under there. What a clown!

Completely unrelated to our music class this morning was an edible discovery Graham made last night. After Jeff helped my Dad with some yard work, we had dinner with my parents and it was during dessert, that Graham was introduced to Redi Whip. As you can tell by his face and expression, he LOVED it!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

It is such a joy to continuously see the smiling happy face of Graham. You are doing a fabulous job of raising a confident son.

Love from Korea,

Grandpa Olson