Lilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker

Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Picnic!

This evening we attended a picnic for Grandpa Greer's company. We were lucky enough to have a beautiful evening to spend outside and eat picnic food without worrying about the rain we've become so accustomed to lately. Graham really enjoyed having the space to roam around freely and look for bugs in the grass. He also showed a real interest for trying to pick gum off the sidewalk. I can handle the bug hunts (I've shocked myself with my willingness to help him on his quests), but the hunt for chewed gum has to end now! The highlight of the evening for me though was Graham's willingness to eat dinner! I know that probably sounds crazy, but after the extreme pickiness Graham has displayed lately, any meal he eats without a fight is a victory! In all of his life, he's never eaten an entire hot dog, but at this evenings picnic, Graham made history for himself when he not only inhaled his entire hot dog, but also a huge scoop of potato salad...I was speechless! It was definitely a great night!
Making friends with the pinata


Attempting to kill the pinata


Slides are the best!


Enjoying the opportunity to dig in the sand

No comments: