Lilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker

Thursday, June 12, 2008

Stubborn Boy Strikes Again!

Lately, our sweet, adorable little boy is showing us just how stubborn he can be. I'm beginning to dread mealtime...it's a battle for me to get any food into Graham's mouth and a game for him to try and block each and every one of my attempts. There is NOTHING physically wrong with him that is causing him to not want to eat. I know this because he'd drink milk and eat cookies all day long if I let him! No, this is a battle of wills. Graham thinks that he's in charge and tries to control mealtime by throwing each and every piece of food. The pasta flying all over my kitchen tonight was frustrating to say the least....I guess this is a lesson in patience for me. Being a mom is hard work, but I guess it's that hard work that makes each and every little milestone and day so extremely rewarding. When the food stops flying, we're going to have a party because that's a milestone worth celebrating! :)

On a more positive note, in between meals aka "Food Throwing Hour" today, Graham and I did a little shopping with my mom. It was a beautiful day outside so we wandered around an outdoor shopping area. Graham was patient in his stroller while I picked out some new summer things for him from the Gap but what he really loved was playing with all the bottles of lotion at Bath and Body Works. Thankfully, nearly everything in that store is plastic!
Checking out the funny plants with Grandma

"How much does this lotion cost?"

Picking up a few groceries at Trader Joes.....I caution anyone who see's Graham coming with a cart to run....he's a CRAZY driver!

And finally, on a completely different note, we received Graham's American passport in the mail today! After we finalized his adoption, we had three things left to do and the passport was one of them. Now that we have his passport as proof of citizenship, we can apply for his social security card. Once we have his social security card, we can apply for his Certificate of Citizenship. Then, we're completely, finally, officially done with anything adoption related for Graham! We're getting there!


No comments: