Lilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker

Sunday, June 15, 2008

Happy Father's Day!

Happy Father's Day! Today was special for our family because it was the first Father's Day that Jeff was celebrated and I have to say that Graham's Daddy is surely the best!

We spent most of the weekend up the lake and it was actually sunny! This was the first time all year that it was warn enough to sit on the boat with out being bundled up. Hopefully the warm weather continues so the water will soon be warm enough for us to get in. Even when the boat was still docked, Graham enjoyed playing on it. He made a game out of throwing bobbers into the water and having us retrieve them with a net. He also LOVED looking the minnows in the live well. He was so amused by the minnows, that I can only imagine how much fun he'll have when the minnows aren't all floating on their backs! :)
Here is Graham trying to finish off his banana. He wanted to walk around with it so I told him he needed to sit down with it and when it was all gone he could get up again. Apparently cramming the entire thing into his mouth was his solution to not wanting to sit down!
One of our Spooner rituals is going into town each weekend for a Dairy Queen treat. Once we have our treats we all crowd onto an old wooden bench that faces main street. Small town Wisconsin offers some of the best people watching ever and it doesn't get much better than enjoying it with a little ice cream. This weekend was Graham's first experience on the DQ bench and I'm pretty sure he enjoyed himself! When I look at Graham's messy, but delighted face in this picture I have to admit that I'm pleased with myself. I'm trying very hard to just let him be a boy and enjoy what he's doing regardless of how messy or sticky he becomes...I think I've come a long way! :)



P.S. As of this weekend, Graham is eating like he's a different kid. We're talking full meals without a single piece of food on the floor. Way to go Graham!!!

No comments: