Lilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker

Tuesday, October 21, 2008

A visit to the Children's Museum

Graham enjoyed a very full morning at the Children's Museum today. It's been a few months since our last visit, and today I was able to see just how much Graham has grown. Activities that frustrated him just months ago made him grin today, and some activities that he used to love, seemed to bore him today. He's changing so quickly!

First, Graham got to play with some balls

Then, he amused himself by making faces in the mirror

Of course, the books are always a highlight for him!


Climbing through the 'ant farm'...*note to self-wear old jeans next time! This ant farm is two stories high and very dark inside so when Graham began his adventure as an 'ant' I followed closely behind on my hands and knees. It was VERY close quarters, but the fact that Graham kept calling out "Mama" then would turn around mid-crawl and grin at me, made it all worth it!

Driving the bus!


Filling up his basket at the 'grocery store'

Apparently his basket got too heavy, because it was soon abandoned in favor of this cart

Cleaning up the floor. He LOVES brooms right now, so this was a treat since I don't let him touch ours at home....it's just too tempting for him to chase Annie :)


Making a big mess with water-YAY for the museum supplied water proof smocks!


Eating bubbles

This last picture needs a bit of explaining. Going for a ride in the car in the middle of the day always puts Graham to sleep. The problem with this is that he refuses his normal nap once we get home. So, on our way out of the museum I got us some french fries to share in the car. I knew he was hungry and I figured it would keep him amused and awake until we got home. Apparently I left the museum a little too late because Graham just couldn't keep his eyes open. I turned around to hand him a french fry and a minute later glanced at him in the mirror and this is what I saw....
The poor little guy didn't even have enough energy to chew a single french fry so it stayed hanging out of his mouth until I woke him up at home!

No comments: