Lilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker

Thursday, December 11, 2008

Babies in Baskets

To start with, please excuse the sideways nature of the following photograph. For some reason, this website isn't allowing me to rotate it. I've already spent too much time trying repeatedly to get it fixed but it just won't work. So, a sideways picture it is for today...

In our house, we've been working very hard lately on how to treat babies. My mom even brought over a toy bassinet that I used when I was little. Graham is very gentle with his 'baby' and often makes sure he is well fed and warm enough with a blanket. The other day, Graham and I were playing in his kitchen and he was dividing up some goldfish crackers for us to share. I had my little plate and he had his, and then he noticed his baby propped up on the floor. He placed his plate of crackers in front of the baby then paused for a moment. He quickly removed the plate and I figured he just didn't want to share. Instead, much to my surprise, he proceed to break each individual cracker into tiny pieces then put the plate back in front of his baby. His actions were so sweet and tender. For some reason, he's very aware that babies need their food in very small pieces. I think he's going to be a great big brother!

Now, to explain the picture. I had a basket of clean, folded laundry in the family room. Graham dumped it all out, pushed the laundry basket next to his baby then called out for an audience. Pretty creative way to imitate his baby if you ask me!

No comments: