Lilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker

Wednesday, January 7, 2009

More Elmo!

As I was rushing through Target to pick up a few things, Graham suddenly became very animated and began to yell 'Elmo!'. Elmo is plastered everywhere at Target so I had no idea what type of Elmo it was that caught his attention this time. He was pointing and going crazy trying to climb out of the cart so I turned around to see what it was that was so exciting to him. I couldn't miss it...an entire display of toddler Elmo slippers. I pushed the cart towards the display so I could get a better look and before I knew it Graham grabbed a pair and began kissing them. Then, he got very quiet, looked up and me and in a very sweet voice said 'Pease?' How could I say no to that???

So, Graham is now the VERY proud owner of Elmo slippers. He jumps, runs, and dances in them, and Annie chases close behind convinced that Graham has two stuffed dog toys attached to his feet. Here's the problem though-not a single pair of shoes lives up to his new slippers. Leaving the house is a bit of a problem as I have to remove the slippers only to replace them with boring brown shoes. Hopefully the novelty of the slippers begins to fade so changing into shoes isn't such a traumatic experience!

Both of these video's show how excited Graham is to be wearing his new slippers. In the first video, you'll have to excuse the fact that Graham is making Elmo burp. What is it with boys and bodily functions??? He isn't even two yet and he's amusing himself with burping noises! He calls himself 'Am' so when he starts saying that and coming towards the camera he wants to watch the video of himself.

In the second video, you can hear Graham asking to play football. He's suddenly very interested in sports and every time he passes a tv that's on, he asks for football. I wonder if this is any indication of what is constantly on the tv at our house???

4 comments:

Miranda said...

I seriously don't know what it is with kids and Elmo. Emma LOVES him too. She even has the same slippers!

- Miranda

Amy said...

Alex just watched Graham's video and is insanely jealous of his elmo slippers!

Unknown said...

Melissa, he is so adorable!

Mrs. Lee said...

Haha.....This is SOOO adorable....;) Jon and I both LOVE looking at every single post....He is such a proud uncle and I am a very proud aunt!