Lilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker

Thursday, January 8, 2009

Life with Elmo Slippers: Day 2

Graham is still very attached to his Elmo slippers and I guess I really shouldn't be surprised. He wears them constantly only to have me remove them against his will to leave the house, sleep, and take a bath. Tonight at dinner (with Elmo slippers) I noticed Graham taking bits of food and shoving them under the table. I think he was trying to be discrete, but he isn't as sly as he thinks he is. I reminded him that his food needed to stay on his plate and he very calmly pointed to his feet and said 'Elmo mmmmmmmm'. In Graham's world, that means that Elmo is eating food and enjoying it. Great, Graham finally gets over his eating issues and now he's giving his food to stuffed slippers??? I almost started laughing when I realized what he was thinking but reminded myself that he was taking this very seriously. It was dinner time for the family and since Elmo is part of the family according to Graham, it was only fair that Elmo have a meal too. I let Graham offer his slippers a few more bites then encouraged him to eat the rest of his food. I guess hunger got the best of him because he eagerly went back to his dinner. Graham and I did share some chocolate ice cream for dessert and I caught him just in time before an ice cream covered spoon was forced into Elmo's mouth. I think I finally have him convinced that Elmo doesn't like chocolate. After all, there is no way, I'm going to let chocolate be wasted on a stuffed animal!

Notice the remnants of dessert all over his mouth!


The night with Elmo didn't end at the dinner table though. As soon as Graham left the kitchen I could hear him running towards the bathroom. Things then got very quiet and this is what I found...what can I say, Graham is a fan of good dental hygiene!


2 comments:

Anne said...

Such a smart boy to know that Elmo needs proper nutrition and oral hygiene!

Kris Greer said...

I love it, Graham! You are so bright!
Love,
Grandma :)