Lilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker

Friday, January 23, 2009

A secret cubbyhole...

I'm thinking that every mom in the Minneapolis area is beginning to go stir crazy with the winter weather just like we are. And because of that, it felt like every mom and their toddler-filled stroller joined us at the zoo this morning. Maybe the crowds were a result of the weather or possibly the day of the week, but I don't think I'll be back on a Friday! I haven't seen it this packed since last summer, and even then, the wide outdoor walking paths help make the crowds feel a bit lighter. Today though, all the strollers were crammed into the buildings and the crowd was a bit much for my taste. Alex did let us in on a secret spot in the aquarium though...a kid size cubbyhole that Graham and I had yet to discover! It was here, for a few minutes, that the kids had the opportunity to observe the marine life without a crowd. This is one place we'll be back to explore...just not on a Friday!

No comments: