Lilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker

Monday, January 26, 2009

Naked at naptime

Over the past week or so, Graham has discovered a new way to amuse himself in the middle of the night as well as during his afternoon nap. He loves to take his clothes and diaper off! Oh joy! The first time he did this was in the middle of the night...Graham began calling out 'Dada!' so Jeff went into his room. I was immediately called in too, and met with a naked toddler standing happily in his crib. Graham threw is pajamas to the ground but decided the soggy wet diaper was better handed directly over to his Daddy. How kind! Yesterday during nap time, the same thing happened. All of his clothes and diaper were thrown to the ground. Somehow, Graham managed to get his onesie off, without unsnapping a single button! Oh, what I wouldn't give for a video monitor right about now. And finally, this brings us to today's nap. I could hear some strange movement on the monitor so I went to check on Graham. Sure enough, he was in the middle of removing each and every article of clothing. Luckily, I arrived just in time to insist that his diaper be kept on.

Sorry, there are no pictures as evidence of Graham's newest clothing (or lack of) accomplishment, but I have included a few pictures of him playing this morning. When I look at these pictures Graham looks so much older to me all of a sudden. He's also sounding older too. Here are a few examples...the other day Graham heard me talking to Jeff and for the rest of the day, Graham referred to his Daddy as 'Jeff', and he still occasionally does this now. His new favorite phrase is 'Oh Well'. If something is "accidentally" thrown across the room and I take it away, Graham looks at me and says "Oh Well!". And finally, with the recent arrival of baby Miles into our family and soon the arrival of Amelia, Graham and I have been talking a lot about the difference between a baby and a big boy. I asked him if he was a baby or a big boy and he paused for a moment before saying 'man.' Ok then, my 2 year old thinks he's already an adult, great...2 going on 20, this should be fun.

And finally the pictures- For some reason, Graham insisted on wearing Jeff's hat for most of the day...




No comments: