Lilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker

Tuesday, January 27, 2009

2 Year Check-Up

Today Graham had his 2 year check-up with his pediatrician. Today also marked the very first time that Graham refused to let the doctor touch him. He didn't want to be weighed (28 pounds), measured (33.5 inches), and he certainly didn't want any instruments like a stethoscope near him. Unfortunately, even with a handful of stickers as a bribe, he was still unhappy. So, he endured his quick exam while he screamed 'Mama' with tears running down his face. As soon as the doctor left the room (he normally LOVES her), he stopped crying and said 'Mama, Go!' as he pointed to the door. And with that, we left.

Now, I need to share the reason we almost missed our appointment this morning. While I take a fast shower in the morning, Graham sits in his crib with a stack of books. When I got out of the shower I could hear Graham laughing to himself over the baby monitor so I ran into his room to see what was going on. I walked in just in time to see my naked boy going to the bathroom all over his crib. When Graham realized I was there, he looked up at me and said 'Oh Well!'. Seriously, why is it appealing to take off your clothes and go to the bathroom in your bed???? I mentioned Graham's new habit to his doctor and she suggested that over his diaper, I add another one, only put it on backwards. So, Graham is now asleep in his crib and I really hope that when he wakes up I find a child still wearing a diaper.

No comments: