Lilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker

Saturday, December 1, 2007

Cookie Fest!

Each year, my family gets together on a Saturday in December and spends an entire day baking a variety of delicious holiday treats. We jokingly started calling this tradition "Cookie Fest" and today was the day...Graham's first "Cookie Fest". Snow storm and all, my parents made it to our house for a day in the kitchen. Because the weather was so horrible here, it was the perfect day to be inside, and it actually felt very festive! Last year, Jeff and I had to leave cookie fest early in order for our final fingerprints to be taken. This was the last item the government required of us in order to complete our background checks. I remember feeling at this exact time last year that I would never become a mom as the wait was already becoming excruciating. Now, a year later, today was one of those days that I actually had to stop and remind myself that yes, he's actually home, and yes, I'm finally a mom. I am so lucky!

Graham was very interested in all the new kitchen gadgets that were pulled out just for the occasion.
Here's Graham trying to figure out the Kitchen Aid mixer....

"Licking" the beaters....no worries anyone, there was nothing on here for him to actually lick off. He was just imitating what he saw others doing! :)

Enjoying his time with a mixing bowl and spatula. He would soon discover that these two items could be turned into an instrument! See the video below....



Graham's Concert!




No comments: